Greetings one and all! This week, the lovely folks over at “The Broke and the Bookish” are talking about the debut books coming out this year that they can’t wait to read. This was a bit harder for me than I anticipated, mostly because I don’t usually pay attention to new books coming out. I know. Shocking, right? There are so many books out already that I can’t wait to read, keeping an eye out for new releases as well would probably drive me bonkers. Most of the books I’m looking forward to reading this year are continuations of series already out there, so this took a little bit of digging. Here’s what I’ve found:
Top Ten (or Six) Debuts for 2013
1. My Name is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton – I have no idea why I am so intrigued by this book. There is next to no information on Goodreads, other than two sentences and a gorgeous book cover. Still, I love new takes on fairy tales, so I have high hopes for this one.
2. A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz – Admittedly, I could go ahead and read this one, since the podcast got it as a digital ARC. We’re trying to wait to read it closer to the release date, which is in March.
3. The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd – The Internet is raving about this book release, which is later this month. Can’t help but get caught up in the excitement.
4. In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters – I love the title and the premise sounds so spooky! Plus, the description says that they used a lot of old photography in this, which I like as well.
5. In the After by Demitria Lunetta – This is another one that sounds like a really good premise. The “Them” sound an awful lot like zombies to me, and ever since reading Mira Grant’s Newsflesh series, I’m starting to like zombie apocalypse books.
6. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett – Another good premise, telling the story from the point of view of a nightmare, who happens to be a girl named Dusty.