It seemed like it would never get here, but holy smokes, here it is! 2018! We made it!
As is my custom, I like to try and look at the goals I set for this year and see how I did. This year was a little rocky (to say the least), but I did manage to get at least some reading done. Let’s take a peek and see how it went.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My goal was to read 50 books for the year on GoodReads. I fell . . . pretty short of that, but not too bad. I made it to 32. A definite reading slump towards the end of the year, but for a good reason, not a bad one. I got to do several wonderful theater shows this year, which were great experiences, but unfortunately cuts way into my reading time. Since I will be starting 2018 off with rehearsals and hope to do more than just one show this year, I’ll have to see what I can do to make time for my reading. But here is the list of books I did get to:
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- The Plantation by Stella Samiotou Fitzsimons
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep
- Dollhouse by Anya Allyn
- Paper Dolls by Anya Allyn
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Armada by Ernest Cline
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Marionette by Anya Allyn
- Music Box by Anya Allyn
Which brings me to my next goal:
I have a bad habit of starting series and then just not finishing them. Usually it’s not because the first books are bad, but I have a very bad book attention span. I see the next shiny new thing and off I go! I have a list of series that I have started and not finished (see my 2018 Reading Challenge tab for the current list), but I did manage to finish some this year. I wanted to knock out five, but only managed to finish three:
- Dollhouse series by Anya Allyn – COMPLETED!!
- The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo – COMPLETED!!
- Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep – COMPLETED!!!
I had also set the goal to finish all new series started during the year. I didn’t do that, but there is only one new series to add to the list – The Plantation series by Stella Samiotou-Fitzsimons.
New goals for 2018!
I have set my GoodReads goal at 35 for this year, since I have been slowing down as of late. I will up the goal if it seems too easy, depending on how the year starts. I think I will keep my Complete the Series goal the same – complete five off the list and then finish any new ones I start. I probably won’t get there, but it’s worth a shot.
I’m also going to try and keep blogging more, at least three times per week. Maybe more if I can get my act together. I’ve missed it terribly, but it’s always so hard to find time these days.
Setting any exciting reading goals for 2018?