Can you believe we’re half way through December already?? I sure can’t!
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm. Here are the rules if you’d like to play along:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Outside the awning, up high on the skeletal platform where the caucus race commenced, sits one giant sphere. An inferno burns inside, licking the glass in hot oranges, yellows, and reds. At the end of the ceremony, We will walk in the midst of those flames with our groom, initiating our trial by fire. After that, We’ll be forever joined to him.
~ Ensnared by A.G. Howard
Yes, yes, I know. It’s only been a week and I’ve made it almost all the way through this trilogy again. Once I get it out of my system, I’ll get back to the other books I’m supposed to be reading right now. I promise!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015
I’m posting this list with a few exceptions. First off, I’m not listing any book that was a re-read for this year. These are all new books I read for the first time in 2015. Also, I am only including one book per series on this list. That cut my choices down a bit since I am trying very hard to complete series these days. Here are seven good books I discovered this year.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – This is ending up on a lot of my lists this year, just because it’s such a good book. It packs a solid punch to the gut, which makes you think about it long after you’ve finished reading.
- Ensnared by A.G. Howard – I know I’m sort of cheating with this one, but it did come out this year, which means that although I read the first two books previously, this one was still new. Love love love this series!
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kauffman & Meagan Spooner – This one had been on my radar for a while, just because the cover is so amazingly beautiful. Luckily, the story did not disappoint.
- The Magician King by Lev Grossman – This book saved this series for me. I hated The Magicians so much, but for some reason, I wanted to give book two a chance. I’m so glad that I did, because book two and book three are a whole different ballgame.
- The Doorknob Society by M.J. Fletcher – A book I got for free off of BookBub which lead me to read all five books in the series. This was a fun, quirky series which was very enjoyable.
- Redshirts by John Scalzi – I read a lot of heavy, serious stuff. I don’t know why I’m usually drawn to it, but I am. This book was a welcome respite to that. It’s fun and silly and just a good time.
- My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent – I loved this whole series and I’m so glad that my friend and podcast co-host Jess forced me to read the first one. They were so so good!
Please leave your teasers and top tens in comments!